FossilMachine Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Black Ops 3 Zombies!!!
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 11:04 am by Kobalt

» E3 2015. Discuss.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 1:33 am by Dark Blade Yautja

» BattleField 4
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:52 pm by Dark Blade Yautja

» The Division
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm by Kobalt

» My introduction
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 pm by Kobalt

» Predator Game?
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:37 pm by Cerberuis

» Mortal Kombat X!!
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:35 pm by Cerberuis

» Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:31 pm by Cerberuis

» NightCry
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 am by Mass Distraction

» TTGH
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:44 pm by Shinra321

Top posting users this month
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Button Masher
Mass Distraction

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Empty
PostSubject: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 am

PS3 and Vita are getting a complete remaster of the Higurashi series under this new title. Why is this in the Vita section then? Well... Who actually plays visual novels on a regular console? I mean, come on. You know it's not a thing outside of Japan. Speaking of, it sadly seems like this set is going to be a Japan exclusive. There were talks of the first arc of the Higurashi series being remastered for PC but no word has been said about it since. I just hope this whole deal gets an actual Western release, no matter the console.

Have a trailer:

For anyone unfamiliar with this series, it's a horror mystery game in the style of a visual novel. The town of Hinamizawa is suffering from something called the "Oyashiro-sama's curse" which makes people disappear, go insane and kill themselves in gruesome fashion. Keiichi has just moved to the town and he, along with his friends, get thrown right in the middle of it.
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:35 pm

It looks pretty interesting. If it's playable in Furigani I'll probably import it, but I doubt it will be.

It's a real shame we can't get many VNs here. We got 999 on DS, and VLR on DS and Vita, and NISA brought over DanganRonpa 1 and 2, but the West's failure to really appreciate the media makes it hard. I find it silly the amount of praise a story-driven walking simulator like The Walking Dead can get, while refusing to play story-driven visual novels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/forum
Mass Distraction
Button Masher
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm

The Ace Attorney series is doing pretty well.

Corpse Party is another one, though it's only half visual novel.
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Ace Attorney is pretty awesome, though some of it's success is probably due to the popularity of Smash. But most Westerners who are really into VNs will play the bulk of them for free on PC. Since the niche is somewhat expanding, I really hope someone decides to localize the Fate series, not to mention all the other Vita VNs, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Button Masher
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:53 am

Shinra321 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ace Attorney is pretty awesome, though some of it's success is probably due to the popularity of Smash.

Smash? Like... Smash as in Smash Bros? What connection does that have with the AA series?

Btw. I've never played a visual novel on a computer, unless you count one that was made in flash (found it on nNewgrounds) back when I was a kid and one demo.
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Shinra321 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ace Attorney is pretty awesome, though some of it's success is probably due to the popularity of Smash.

Smash? Like... Smash as in Smash Bros? What connection does that have with the AA series?

Btw. I've never played a visual novel on a computer, unless you count one that was made in flash (found it on nNewgrounds) back when I was a kid and one demo.

That's my bad, I didn't realize Phoenix wasn't in it.

The main playerbase for VNs is PC. That may partially be because eroge are PC only, but it's mostly just because of a lack of localizations and translations for consoles and handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Button Masher
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 am

Shinra321 wrote:
The main playerbase for VNs is PC.  That may partially be because eroge are PC only, but it's mostly just because of a lack of localizations and translations for consoles and handhelds.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of visual novels I don't want to get involved with.
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Steins;Gate just got confirmed for an English Vita release.
Back to top Go down
BlushingMurder
Hit-Combo
BlushingMurder

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Is this a anemia game?
Back to top Go down
Kobalt
Admin
Kobalt

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:36 pm

BlushingMurder wrote:
Is this a anemia game?
What is Anemia??
Back to top Go down
https://fossilmachinegaming.forumotion.com
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:37 pm

BlushingMurder wrote:
Is this a anemia game?

Do you mean Anime? Razz
Back to top Go down
BlushingMurder
Hit-Combo
BlushingMurder

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Yes sorry lol
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 pm

It's a Japanese Visual Novel, with an Anime art style, but there doesn't seem to be an anime of it. A lot of popular ones (like DanganRonpa, Fate, Steins;Gate) get Anime adaptations though. If you wanna try one out, VLR and DanganRonpa are playable on Vita, and Steins;Gate is getting localized on Vita and PS3 soon.

Aside from that I really enjoyed Saya no Uta, it's pretty short but there are H-scenes if those bother you (don't worry, there's artistic merit), and Fata/Stay Night is pretty popular.
Back to top Go down
BlushingMurder
Hit-Combo
BlushingMurder

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 pm

I know what anime is I was just making sure that it was a anime game. I have never played an anime game before I don't think I have anyways
Back to top Go down
Shinra321
Amateur Gamer
Shinra321

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Oh. In that case you should definitely check out Valkyria Chronicles. It's on PS3, and recently it came to PC as well. If you like it, the Vita is pretty much my hub for Japanese games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Button Masher
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:18 am

Higurashi, which this thread was originally about, does have an anime. A great one at that, definitely one of my favorites. It span two seasons, two OVA series, one OVA film, a live-action movie and a spinoff anime series called Umineko no Naku Koro ni, also based on a visual novel game series from the same company.

Shinra321 wrote:
Oh.  In that case you should definitely check out Valkyria Chronicles.  It's on PS3, and recently it came to PC as well.  If you like it, the Vita is pretty much my hub for Japanese games.

That's not an "anime game" though. It's a strategy RPG that coincidentally does have an anime adaptation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FossilMachine Gaming :: Gamer's Paradise :: Life in your hands-
Jump to: